Best deal on our book:
Book Depository – free shipping worldwide AUD 27.29
Bulk orders only:
10 or more paperbacks, fully paid in advance. Email us: email@example.com
Jump to Where to Buy Lucy’s People
1. Introduction: Our Books and Blog
Welcome to Yerada Lij Australia. We write books and a blog. They tell Ethiopia’s story. The beautiful African country is full of self-sufficient supporters of the helpless – yerada lij.
2. Out Now: Lucy’s People by Mesfin Tadesse. 2nd edition, 2021
On 15 August 2021, we released our book globally. It is the 2nd edition of Lucy’s People: An Ethiopian Memoir by Mesfin Tadesse – about life under Emperor Haile Selassie I and the communist Derg. In 2020 in Addis Ababa, we released the 1st edition. The 2nd edition has 298 pages and more material. It is the same story.
3. Where to Buy Lucy’s People
a. Paperback: Print on Demand
- Alibris USD 19.92
- Angus & Robertson – eBook & paperback
- Book Depository – free shipping worldwide AUD 30.79
- World of Books
- Barnes & Noble
- Abe Books
- Sub-Saharan Traders in Perth have signed paperbacks. They are generously not taking commission! Sub-Saharan Traders (Perth), 1/1341 Albany Highway, Cannington WA 6107, tel: (08) 9356 7730.
- Please ask your local bookshops and libraries to get in the book. You help us by doing so.
- Book-signing copies are in Western Australia. See a., above.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazon.com prices: paperback 15.11 AUD + shipping / Kindle (eBook) 8.78 AUD
- Recommended retail prices: paperback 22.99 AUD / eBook 11.99 AUD / Kindle 7.99 AUD
Addis Ababa Bookshops
These stores stocked the 1st edition. Enquire about the 2nd edition paperback here.
- Ankeboot Book Store 0111 575 910
- Birana Book Store 0930 364 287 / 0944 342 223
- Engineer Alazar Exclusive International Book Center 0909 563 456
- Ineho Books 0912 735 000 / 0911 469 954
- Knowledge Gate Bookshop & Stationery 0911 026 529
- Universal Book Shop, Arat Kilo 0911 30 18 87 / 011 156 63 97
- Walia Book Store: Ikhlas building, near Hemen Hospital, Arat Kilo 095 656 0000
- Wisdom Littmaan Books 0911 899 468
- Zewdu Book Store 092 064 1201
4. About Our Blog
Ethiopian Culture & Innovations: Gifts to the World
With over 80 different ethnic groups, Ethiopia’s culture is rich. She has given the world these:
- Formula for aspirin. It was written in an ancient Orit Yehuda monastery goat-skin book or birana. View a video about goatskin books here. The book’s title was Audenegiste. Read an article on Ethiopia’s traditional medicine here.
- Astronomy, thousands of years before the Christian era. Read about it here.
- Pentatonic music scale – Ethiopian St Yared created it in the 7th century AD. Read about the saint here.
- GPS – An Ethiopian-born scientist invented it. His name was Kitaw Ejigu. Read about him here.
- Today, in Addis Ababa, an IT expert has developed a device for people who are blind or have low vision. The device is used with special reading glasses, to read without braille. When walking in the streets, the mobile device alerts them to obstacles ahead. Once a person’s details are recorded, the device advises when that person approaches. This technology will enable people who are blind to be independent.
Mesfin Tadesse is the main author of Lucy’s People. It is his story. Born in Ethiopia, he studied and worked there.
Ianet Bastyan is Mesfin’s co-author. She is Australian. Mesfin’s memoir is her first extended writing.
Pelicans Over Lake Tana, Source of the Blue Nile River © Mesfin Tadesse, 2020
At Bete Mariyam, Lalibela Rock-hewn Monasteries © Mesfin Tadesse, 2017
We do not share your information. If we publish comments, we withhold your name.